No. WAP == Wireless Access Point.
Noted, thanks.

indeed the case - the client will be a Linux-based device with
wpa_supplicant and a driver which supports nl80211/cfg80211, so I can
configure - at least on the client's part - EAP-TTLS/EAP-TLS
authentication. My aim is to do the same on AP and RADIUS, which is the
point of actually starting this thread as my "experience" with RADIUS is
nil.

So you keep saying. I note however that it doesn't stop you from making judgements on its security, and you're getting a lot of stick for that (from me and others).
Again, I don't make "judgements", it was merely an observation.

Seriously - it's good you want to learn. But why not do that first, then ask questions based on the knowledge you've acquired and, hopefully, understood? If you're missing basic terms like "WAP" i.e. a Wireless Access Point, then I've got to say, you've got some work to do on the fundamentals...
I would have done this ages ago if I knew where to find a more comprehensive manual explaining it all, rather than relying on bits of info scattered in thousand different places. The freeRADIUS wiki isn't terribly helpful either - this -> http://wiki.freeradius.org/create/Extensible-Authentication-Protocol#EAP-TTLS - being the perfect example - in order to access it I have to log in because "authentication is required" (as if!).

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html