Hello list,

I'm using a sql database for authorization and ldap for authentication.
For fail-over reasons I want to authenticate against user-password information stored in my sql database if my ldap servers are not available (all ldap modules return fail).

For authentication I configured:

        Auth-Type LDAP {
                redundant-load-balance {
                        ldap1
                        ldap2
                        ldap3
                }
                if(fail) {
                        pap

So I set the network interfaces of my ldap servers manually to down and startet testing. But the timeouts for every ldap module are too big (circa 50 seconds). I noticed the timeout directives in the ldap module. In all three ldap modules the net_timeout is set to "1".

Question 1: How can I reduce these timeouts?
Question 2: Can I check earlier my ldap servers are available and if not skip Auth-Type LDAP or setting Auth-Type to PAP? Question 3: Are there any other opportunities to do Auth-Type PAP if Auth-Type LDAP fails?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias Hachmer
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html