On 07/31/2012 10:56 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
Look at the SQL output carefully. It's talking about radusergroup. Have you got such a user in there? Do you need to perform that check?

alan

--
This smartphone uses free WiFi around the world with eduroam, now that's what I call smart.

Hi Alan,

I did see that check and didn't understand what it was so elected not to get 'distracted' and off-topic and concentrate on getting the basics working.

Personally I don't see any reason that I would need to group users (which is what I understood of the check).

Though not in front of the system right now I did see some lines in the config relating to the radusergroup - though can't remember where now.....

What is it and what does it do, or what is used for??

Doing a quick search, I found this: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sql

which claims:

"For example: The following statement checks to see if a user has entitlement information in SQL groups, before running the many expensive queries of the SQL module."

unfortunately I didn't quite understand the sentence and I believe providing what I falsely understand from it would be wrong.

Bottom line though, I don't believe I need to perform the check unless it would benefit me in some ways??

Group all IP Phones together, group all MS servers, group Linux server, group other devices of similar natures etc....???

Regards,

Kaya
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html