On 27/09/12 12:32, Arka Sharma wrote:

Thanks a lot Phil for your reply.Now actually in my rlm code I want to
set a flag to mark the vent of server went down and invoke a java code
using JNI that is part of rlm.

Sorry, I don't understand that. Can you elaborate?

It sounds like you have a custom module, written locally?

Modules process packets. So you can't run module code in response to a "home server down" event (unless you emit a packet that your module responds to, I guess).

Can you please elaborate.I searched the file "trigger.conf" using "find
/ -name trigger.conf" but did not get anything.Do I need to create it by
my own.

As I said, triggers are only available in the "master" git branch. They are not available in the releases code (2.1.x, 2.2.0).

You will need to compile and install "master" to get triggers.

In the proxy.conf I have old style realm configuration.Ip's for
authorization and accounting hosts in the realm section.

Sorry, I don't understand why this is relevant.

    It's possible you could do something in the "post-proxy" section
    like so:

    post-proxy {
       Post-Proxy-Type Fail {

I was looking into default.original in sites-enabled for this.Can you
give me some examples for this ?

See:

https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/blob/v2.1.x/raddb/sites-available/robust-proxy-accounting#L104

You'll still need to find out which server is down, and this is what "radmin" does. I wouldn't bother with this post-proxy stuff - just write a cron job (although maybe you could trigger the cron job from post-proxy, for fast detection).
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html