stephan,

i also use thinstation. i found that after tweaking settings and drivers, i
could get all of my disparate hardware (20+ diffferant kinds of machines)
to work. thinstation 2.5 also has much, much more hardware support, a
modern kernel, and a build environment that builds freerdp no problem. if
you have problems with specific hardware, their mailing list is very
helpful.

chris