Hi,

I would like to present my little project:
https://github.com/ccier/bt-hid-gw

The idea is to run this very small little program on a small Linux
device like the Raspberry Pi.
Just plug in a small standard Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle.
You can then pair a standard Bluetooth mouse with this little device so
that it receives the HID reports (X/Y axis, mouse buttons, etc.) from
the mouse.
The HID reports are made available again as simple Bluetooth Low Energy
peripheral with one service and single characteristic ("attribute")
currently.
As iOS does not impose any access restrictions on BLE peripherals from
the developer perspective, the iOS device could now simply connect in
the central role to this peripheral to receive the mouse HID reports.

Later the gateway device could be made even smaller (and less power
consuming). For example it could fit into a small microcontroller.

As I am not an expert in iOS development, I would like to ask if anybody
is interested in getting mouse support working in iOS client of FreeRDP?
With the code snippets from this tutorial:
http://www.raywenderlich.com/52080/introduction-core-bluetooth-building-heart-rate-monitor
It should be easy to get a first working connection.

The code of the gateway is already working for my setup. I can see the
HID reports in a standard BLE diagnostic app available for free of the
app store.

Best regards,
Christian