From: Bruce Fischl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 5/26/2006 10:21 PM
To: Fornito, Alexander
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: RE: [Freesurfer] ROI Curvature

p.s. sorry, the mean and Gaussian curvatures displayed in
mris_anatomical_stats are absolute value. I forgot this, sorry. The
integrate Gaussian curvature is actually a topological invariant, so
doesn't tell you much about the surface. Do you really need signed mean
curvaature averaged over a region? If so, you could specify -T curv, so
that the "thickness" is actually the curvature, and it will give you
the mean  and std.

Bruce