Joe,

Does tkmedit work directly on the RH3 box?  If so, then it is the windows
box that does not have the GLX extensions built into its OpenGL driver.
GLX allows running X windows apps (like tkmedit) to run using the OpenGL
calls locally on a machine (for performance).  I don't have experience
running tightvnc on windows xp, but I have successfully run tkmedit via
realvnc on win xp (using an Nvidia GeForce 2 card).

Nick