Hi,
  Thank you for your response! I use the command what you said.
The terminal shows:
euler # = v-e+f = 2g-2: 154901 - 464697 + 309798 = 2 --> 0 holes
      F =2V-4:          309798 = 309802-4 (0)
      2E=3F:            929394 = 929394 (0)

I guess that 929394 is the vertices number of surface which I want to get.
Right? If not, which value is I want to get?
Then, I run lh.orig and another subjects, I find the value is different from
those. So, the vertices number of surface is not a fixed value and changes
with hemispheres and subjects.

Thank you in advance!!

Feng-Xian

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:19:20 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Fischl wrote
> what is noise0.5_0? It isn't a surface file given the output of
> mris_euler_number. Try running
>
> mris_euler_number rh.orig
>
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Feng-Xian wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >  Thank you for your response! But, I canÿÿt find vertices number of a
> > surface through typing the following command:
> > mris_euler_number noise0.5_0
> >
> > When I type the command, the terminal shows some information as follow.
> >
> > euler # = v-e+f = 2g-2: 0 - 0 + 0 = 0 --> 1 holes
> >      F =2V-4:          0 != 0-4 (-4)
> >      2E=3F:            0 = 0 (0)
> > total defect index = 2
> >
> > But I donÿÿt know what meaning of the numbers is. Would you tell me?
> > And, have any other ways to get the vertices number of a surface?
> >
> > Then, I want to make sure that is image matrix 256 x 256 x 256?
> >
> > Thank you for in advance!!
> >
> > Feng-Xian
> >

> > On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:39:31 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Fischl wrote
> >> Hi Feng-Xian,
> >>
> >> the surfaces all live in the surf subdirectory. To see how many
> >> vertices a surface contains you can run either mris_euler_numer of
> >> mris_info. The thickness is in the ?h.thickness ("curv" format file -
> >>  one scalar per vertex) and the inflated is in ?h.inflated surface
> >> format. You can visualize the thickness in tksurfer by loading the
> >> inflated surface then loading the thickness from the file menu using
> >> the load curvature option.
> >>
> >> cheers
> >> Bruce

> > 256,