Hi Jeff,

mri_extract_label -t transforms/talairach.m3z...

will do most of what you want (it will also jacobian correct the label so
that you get a "mass" image). We never put this together into a pipeline
because it is of course well-known that interpreting the results from a
neurobiological perspective is fraught with difficulty (which will always
be the case when the quantity you are using to drive the registration is
also the one you are correlating with e.g. disease effects). Nevertheless,
tons of people do it so the tools are around.