From: Bruce Fischl [mailto:fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:58 AM
To: David Grayson
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] weird relabeling with mri_convert

Try -odt short to stop it from changing the data type to uchar

On Feb 21, 2012, at 12:04 AM, David Grayson
<gray...@ohsu.edu<mailto:gray...@ohsu.edu>> wrote:
Hi freesurfer folks,

I am using mri_convert to reorient my custom cortical parcellation (a nifti
file generated from an annotation file), and I have run into some unexpected
blips with some seemingly errant reindexing. Here is the command I am using:

mri_convert -rl FREESURFER/mri/orig/001.mgz -rt nearest
FREESURFER/label/ROIs_custom.nii.gz -nc reorient/ROIs_custom_reorient.nii.gz

For the most part, this works well for most of the indices. The biggest problem
is that the highest value index (2063) is being completely relabeled in
‘ROIs_custom_reorient.nii.gz’ with several smaller values in the 20’s range.
But this occurs to a smaller extent with many of the other regions as well,
where small parts of those regions are being relabeled with values anywhere
from 1 to 20.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what’s up with this and what I might be
able to do to fix it? Thank you very much for any help.

-David