Dear Ruopeng,

to reproduce the problem with :

MatrixMultiply: m2 is null! and the seg fault.

$source /usr/local/freesurfer/nmr-stable51-env
$cd ~gramfort/cluster/work/data/MNE-sample-data/subjects
$setenv SUBJECTS_DIR $PWD
$freeview -f sample/surf/lh.inflated

if you cannot access this folder you can get it at:

/cluster/fusion/sample_data/MNE-sample-data-processed.tar.gz

Hope this helps,

Alex