Strange. I could not reproduce the error. Niels, I also tried the
surface file you sent me. It loads fine. My colleague could not
reproduce it on his machine, either.

Alex, since you're in the Martinos center, can you try source the dev
version just to see if the same problem exists?

Thanks,
Ruopeng