Hi Martin,
  I am running FS version 5.1.
This is the command line I ran:

long_mris_slopes --qdec ./qdec/long.qdec.table.dat --meas volume --hemi lh
--do-avg --do-rate --do-pc1 --do-spc --do-stack --do-label --time years
--qcache fsaverage

These are the outputs I get, which are located in the subjects' base
template surf folders:

lh.long.volume-rate.fwhm10.mgh
lh.long.volume-pc1.fwhm10.mgh
lh.long.volume-avg.fwhm10.mgh
lh.long.volume-spc.fwhm10.mgh
I also get the files that end in fsaverage.mgh.

I'm a little confused about this volume issue. In a previous post you said
that "long_mris_slopes works for surface maps (both thickness and volume
should work)." Therefore I used the long_mris_slopes for the volumes for a
VBM analysis. Please let me know if this would not work. Thank you!

-Shannon

--
Shannon Kogachi
Clinical Research Coordinator