Hello freesurfer users!

I've got a brand new PC with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit running and following the
freesurfer developer's guide to set up a developer environment, I'm getting
numerous "undeclared function / undefined type" errors during make.
Seeing that the undeclared functions or variable types are actually defined in
.h files that are being declared correctly, I'm suspecting there's
configuration problem and was wondering has anyone had success in building
freesurfer on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit or building freesurfer on any previous Ubuntu
release?

The steps I took to get as far as getting undeclared function/undefined type
errors are:

- Pre-built 3rd party libraries were downloaded and put into
/usr/pubsw/packages/

During configuration, I've made modification to bypass errors:
- changed configure script so that script will not end when libvtkfreetype,
libBLT is "not found" by the script, although, I have the .so files in the
correct library
- disabled -Werror flag
- copied /usr/bin/libtool into ~/dev/ in order to avoid libtool version
mismatch error
- In Makefile for ~/utils/ commented out any rules for
unwarpGradientNonLinearity since this file is no where to be seen

Thank you for any advice and pointers!

Danny Kim
BC Children's Hospital

Danny Kim