Hi Ping - The total number of paths that were sampled doesn't enter the
picture. Of these sampled paths, some get rejected and some get accepted.
The latter are added up to get an estimate of the posterior probability
distribution of the path (that's path.pd.nii.gz). You can normalize to a
total sum of 1 by diving that volume with its total sum.

The default threshold is 20% of the maximum value, to get rid of the tails
of the distribution (which would need more total samples to converge than
the center of the distribution anyway). You can of course find your own
averages at a different threshold from path.pd.nii.gz if you wish.

Hope this helps,
a.y