Hi Doug,

Can I do this by just permuting the contrast matrix and the corresponding columns
in the fsgd file?

Ed

On 26 Feb 2013, at 17:43, freesurfer-requ...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:

Hi Ed, I think it is just the way you have the matrix set up. You'll
need to alter the matrix in some way.
doug

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:08:07 +0100
From: Ed Gronenschild <ed.gronensch...@maastrichtuniversity.nl>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Problem with glmfit: matrix is
        ill-conditioned
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>

Hi Doug,

The condition numbers were:
- 1e+08 for problematic fsgd file
- 371.233 for previous fsgd file

I tried also v5.1, however with no succes. The matirx was still
ill-conditioned with condition number 2.80809e+07.

Cheers,
Ed

Message: 12
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:08:11 -0500
From: Douglas N Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
        ill-conditioned
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu

Hi Ed, that sounds strange. What were the condition numbers for the
two
analyses? This should be printed out into the terminal. It is also
possible that it is a scaling issue. This should not be an issue in
5.1,
but it is possible that it could have an effect if two columns are
very
similar.
doug