1) You can use mri_surf2surf to map data from an individual subject to our normalized (fsaverage) coordinate system.

2. Not sure what this means. In fsaverage space there really is no volumetric coordinate for a vertex, just it's location on the sphere. For individual subjects you can compute the coords of a vertex (see our wiki pages under coordinate systems), but not in the average space.