I've never had any problems with sym links, but what you have is definitely
confusing! Is there any reason you have it that way? As a rule of thumb, i'd
keep things as simple as possible.
From: Garikoitz Lerma-Usabiaga [gariko...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:21 PM
To: Watson, Christopher
Cc: Freesurfer
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] REPOST: NFS v4 on CentOS 5.4 or Red Hat 6.2

Hello list,
we found the problem, symbolic links:

/home/glerma/ is the home of the app server where fs is installed.
/home/glerma/glerma/freesurfer/subjects was the SUBJECTS_DIR, but it has a sym
link, since: glerma -> /bcbl/home/home_g-m/glerma
so changing SUBJECTS_DIR to:
/bcbl/home/home_g-m/glerma/freesurfer/subjects
solved the problem.

Do you think this is a problem with fs resolving sym links? We haven't found
any problem with matlab or fsl.

thanks again!
Gari

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Garikoitz Lerma-Usabiaga