This is an Ubuntu-related error that has surfaced recently because in
Ubuntu /bin/sh is not a bash shell any more. To get around this, you can
edit the first line of the scripts $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/bedpostx_mgh and
$FREESURFER_HOME/bin/fsl_sub_mgh. You'll have to replace "/bin/sh" with
"/bin/bash" on the first line of those two scripts.