Hi Jared

for the ones that run quickly and end, it's because you haven't told it
to do anything. The first couple of lines of the recon-all.log file give
the command line as:

Thu Dec  5 14:00:18 MST 2013
/mnt/NAS3/freesurfer/freesurfer//bin/recon-all
-i Time3_28908_s11038064-0005-00001-000001-01.nii -subject Time3_28908

this will just convert the nifti and create the subject dirs for
Time3_28908. You need to add "-all" at the end of the line, as you did in
the other ones.

For the one that failed the talairach it's hard to say. You are starting
with nifti - can you try it directly on the dicoms? Where did you get the
nifti from? If you bring the nifti input volume up in freeview does it show
in the correct orientation? That is, is what freeview thinks is anterior
truly anterior, etc....?

On