Hi Doety,
Consider these options for uploading data:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FtpFileExchange
https://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html

I think recon-all is expecting your wm.mgz to be conformed or 256^3.
Something like: mri_convert wm.mgz wm.conform.mgz --conform

You would need to rename wm.conform.mgz to wm.mgz, after renaming or
saving a copy of the current non-conformed wm mask you got from FSL.
-Louis