Hi Don

the -rt nearest switch is for mri_convert. I'll leave the rest of the questions for Doug :)
Bruce
On Fri, 1 Aug 2014, Krieger, Donald N. wrote:

Thanks for posting back so quickly, Bruce, and for the direction.

Just to clarify, here is the command which I am using so you can see the
types of files on which I am operating.

The working directory is ${FREESURFER_HOME}/subjects/bert .

I'm putting each switch on a separate line:

mri_label2label

--s Sub125

--srclabel label/rh.cortex.label

--trglabel testLabels/rh.cortext.label

--xfm mri/transforms/talairach.xfm

--xfm-invert

--regmethod volume

I plotted the output vectors for a single 1 mm slice using my tools.

This is shown in the left panel of the attached jpg.

The right panel shows the same vectors translated by hand to "fit."

The size and shape are close so this appears to be in the right direction.

I would like to find the freesurfer coords --> MRI coords transform and try
it in place of talairach.xfm .

I assume that the inverse of talairach.xfm is not the correct transform to
get from freesurfer --> MRI coordinates.

Is there a way to extract the correct transform?  It must have existed early
in the "recon-all" run and must also be accessible to mri_convert -rl ...

I tried --nt as you suggested but my version of mri_label2label (stable5)
does not recognize it.

I tried --regmethod surface --hemi rh and found that it gives identical
results whether using --xfm-invert or not !

Regards,

Don

Don Krieger, Ph.D.

Department of Neurological Surgery

University of Pittsburgh

(412)648-9654 Office

(412)521-4431 Cell/Text

switch.

> cheers

> Bruce

>   On Fri, 1 Aug 2014, Krieger, Donald N. wrote:

> > Hi All,

> > I am still in need of finding the tool sequence to generate an ASCII

> > file containing (1) voxel RAS coordinates (2) for a specific label

> > (3) using the original MRI coordinates rather than freesurfer
coordinates.