Hi Michele - If there are large parts of the brain mask missing that overlap with one of the tracts, the reconstruction of that tract will keep failing. You should investigate why the aseg failed in that part of the brain. It's hard to guess without seeing the images. If there's a large artifact in the structural scan in that area then it may be irrecoverable, but if not it's worth fixing it.

a.y