Hello Doug,

Thank you for your reply. I misused the word contrast, when I should have
said design matrix. It looks at though I should be able to look at an
interaction effect between two variables but ignore another. In the case of
the example
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Fsgdf2G2V you could be able to
look at the interaction between Group and Age while ignoring (or
controlling) for the effects of weight.
But maybe this is not possible to do with a categorical variable?

I have also considered using a four group design as shown in
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/Fsgdf4G1V, where you concatenate
two categorical variables however, I dont think you can look at interaction
effects between those variables anymore.

So I'm still wondering if it is possible to look at the interaction between
two categorical variables using fsgd?

GroupDescriptorFile 1
#Title SZ vs HC
Class HC
Class SZ
Variables Score Sex Age
Input 130 HC high m 50
Input 277 HC low f 53
Input 190 HC low m 25
Input 201 SZ high f 29
Input 250 SZ high f 52

Group difference.mtx
1 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group by Score interaction .mtx
0 0 1 -1 0 0 0 0

But this doesn't and should work. How should I proceed?

Thanks again,

Lindsay

--
Lindsay Hanford, BSc, PhD Candidate
McMaster Integrative Neuroscience Discovery & Study | *Department of