From: "Cecilio C Baro Perez" <cecilio.c.b...@gmail.com>
To: "Freesurfer support list" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:03:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Fwd: Problem with Freesurfer 5.3

Hola Eugenio!

Thank you so much for quick answer. Well telling from your response it seems
that the right way to proceed in order to achieve the absolute volume is to sum
up "ALL" given regions right?
And could you please also tell me, which of the hippocampal volumes is the most
correct one, the one given primarily by the "recon-all" or the "segmented" one?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards; Cecilio.

Hola Cecilio,
Right-Hippocampus and Left-Hippocampus are generic labels for the hippocampal
regions that were not labeled as subiculum, CA, or fimbria in the atlas. In
practice, they correspond to the hippocampal tails.
Cheers,
/Eugenio

Juan Eugenio Iglesias
Postdoctoral researcher BCBL