From: "angela favaro" <angela.fav...@unipd.it>
To: "Freesurfer support list" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 11:21:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] FS Developer v6 Hippocampal Segmentation

Hi Eugenio,
I have a question about hippocampal segmentation. Do you think it is
possible to use this segmentation to obtain specific seeds for a
functional connectivity study?

thank you
Angela

> Sorry, I forgot to mention that you should change the permissions of the
files. Please run the following command:
> chmod u+x $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/run_segmentSubject*.sh
> Cheers,
> Eugenio
>
> Juan Eugenio Iglesias
> Postdoctoral researcher BCBL
> www.jeiglesias.com
> www.bcbl.eu
>
> Legal disclaimer/Aviso legal/Lege-oharra: www.bcbl.eu/legal-disclaimer

Thank you for any help!
> Angela
>
> #@# Hippocampal Subfields processing (T1 only) left Wed Jul  1 13:04:47
CEST 2015
> \n /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/bin/segmentSF_T1.sh
/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/MCRv80
> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer subj001
> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/subjects left \n
> See log file:
> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/subjects/subj001/scripts/hippocampal-subfields-T1.log
/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/bin/run_segmentSubjectT1_autoEstimateAlveusML.sh:
Permission denied.
> #--------------------------------------------
> #@# Hippocampal Subfields processing (T1 only) right Wed Jul  1 13:04:47
CEST 2015
> \n /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/bin/segmentSF_T1.sh
/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/MCRv80
> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer subj001
> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/subjects right \n
> See log file:
> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/subjects/subj001/scripts/hippocampal-subfields-T1.log
/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/bin/run_segmentSubjectT1_autoEstimateAlveusML.sh:
Permission denied.

> #------------------------------------------
>
> Started at Wed Jul 1 13:04:45 CEST 2015
> Ended   at Wed Jul 1 13:04:47 CEST 2015
> #@#%# recon-all-run-time-hours 0.001
> recon-all -s subj001 finished without error at Wed Jul  1 13:04:47 CEST
2015

>> Hi Angela,
>> I think this is a problem I fixed in the development version a couple
of days ago. Can you please just try saving the attached 3 files in the
directory $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/  replacing the ones that are there?
Cheers,
>> Eugenio
>>
>> Juan Eugenio Iglesias
>> Postdoctoral researcher BCBL
>> www.jeiglesias.com
>> www.bcbl.eu
>>
>> Legal disclaimer/Aviso legal/Lege-oharra: www.bcbl.eu/legal-disclaimer

appears (please find attached the log).

>> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is
>> /Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/lib/gcc/lib:.:/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/MCRv80/runtime/maci64:/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/MCRv80/bin/maci64:/Users/angelafavaro/Desktop/prova/freesurfer/MCRv80/sys/os/maci64
Warning: application is running on a locale different from the original
platform locale.

>> is it due to something wrong in my path specification? how can I solve
this?
>> thank you!
>>
>> Angela
>>

>>> Hi Noah,
>>> I cannot provide you with an unbiased opinion of the new subfield module,
>>> but something you can do is to download the development version and
run the subfield code on data processed with FS 5.3 (assuming you have
some),
>>> in order to get an idea of what the segmentations look like.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Eugenio
>>>
>>> Juan Eugenio Iglesias
>>> Postdoctoral researcher BCBL
>>> www.jeiglesias.com
>>> www.bcbl.eu
>>>
>>> Legal disclaimer/Aviso legal/Lege-oharra: www.bcbl.eu/legal-disclaimer

FS v6
>>> developer’s edition. Before any data is pre-processed, we wanted to
receive input from other users on their own experience using it,
specifically the Hippocampal subfield segmentation protocol. Are
people receiving any unusual errors? Is there a lower resolution or
less accurate
>>> segmentation of other cortical or subcortical structures? Any input would
>>> be great.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Noah Markowitz
>>>

>>> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it
>>> is
>>> addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the
e-mail
>>> contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance
HelpLine at
>>> http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in