Dear Bruce,

I have tested the V6 beta version and the bug with FLAIR normalization seems to
be corrected there. Can I patch my 5.3 version to include this bug fix? I
suppose V6 beta has many modifications making results from 5.3 and V6 versions
incompatible.

However, a new problem in V6 beta appeared: it seems that mris_make_surfaces in
V6 beta ignores nsigma_above option. The gray matter regions after FLAIRpial
refinement are cut out in high intensity FLAIR areas. Modifying nsigma_above
(which helped in 5.3. version) does not have an effect in V6 beta. There is a
new entry in log file (not present in 5.3 version):
resetting max gray (value depending on set nsigma_above) based on CDF to 168
which supposedly overrides my nsigma_above modification.

I have uploaded the subject (FLAIRnorm_not_OK_nsigma_above_8.tar.gz) to your
server if you would like to take a look.

Regards,

Antonin Skoch

  _____

hmmm, that could be a problem, although the surfaces look pretty good, so
  maybe not. Try V6 beta and see if it still happens. Or upload the subject
  and we will try it out