You'll need to merge the WM parcellation labels with those of their
matching GM parcellations. We do not have explicit software to do this.
You can do it in matlab, something like

a = MRIread('aparc.a2009s+aseg_liberal.mgz");
ind = find(a.vol == 3030); % 3030 =  wm-lh-superiortemporal from
FreeSurferColorLUT.txt
a.vol(ind) = 1030;             % 1030 =  ctx-lh-superiortemporal

Do the rest of the parcellations in the same way, then

MRIwrite(a,'aparc.a2009s+aseg_liberal2.mgz');

On 08/10/2015 01:29 PM, Martin Hebart wrote:
> [...]
>         >>
>         >> ---------
>         >>
>         >> Dear all,
>         >>
>         >> I've created non-overlapping ROI masks using
>         >>
>         >> mri_label2vol --seg aparc.a2009s+aseg.mgz --regheader
>         orig.mgz --o
>         >> rois.nii --temp sub.nii --subject 01
>         >>
>         >> Now these ROI masks are actually quite conservative
>         concerning grey
>         >> matter vs. other structures, i.e. they are only on the grey
>         matter.
>         >> I've seen more liberal masks e.g. here:
>         >>
>         https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/CorticalParcellation_Yeo2011
>         >>
>         >> I would like to create similarly liberal non-overlapping
>         ROI masks for
>         >> all ROIs in the voxel size defined by the image in --temp, but
>         >> excluding specific tissue types such as white matter, CSF,
>         and other
>         >> non-grey matter tissue. What would be the best way to do so?
>         >>
>         >> Cheers,
>         >> Martin
>         >>
>         >>
>         >>
>         >> _______________________________________________
>         >> Freesurfer mailing list
>         >> Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>         <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>         >
>         > --
>         > Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
>         > MGH-NMR Center
>         > gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>         > Phone Number: 617-724-2358 <tel:617-724-2358>
>         > Fax: 617-726-7422 <tel:617-726-7422>
>         >
>         > Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>         <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>         > FileDrop: https://gate.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/filedrop2
>         > www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>         <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>         > Outgoing:
>         ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/
>         >
>         > Freesurfer mailing list
>         > Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>         <mailto:Freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>         >
>         >
>         > The information in this e-mail is intended only for the
>         person to whom it is
>         > addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
>         error and the e-mail
>         > contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>         Compliance HelpLine at
>         > http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was
>         sent to you in error
>         > but does not contain patient information, please contact the

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358