Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 at 3:44 PM
From: "Douglas N Greve" <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] recon-all

On 11/04/2015 10:22 AM, John Anderson wrote:
> Hi freesurfers,
> Following recon-all I have a collection of folders inside the subject
> folder.
> Inside the folder "mri" I have collection of files:
> 1. What is the differnce between the file "orig.mgz" and the file
> "norm.mgz" ?
norm has been skull stripped and intensity normalized
> 2. Why the voxel dimentions are differnt? (i.e In norm.mgz the voxel
> dimentions are equal while in orig.mgz it is not)?
They should be the same. It might be differnt than rawavg.mgz or your
input data because we "conform" all inputs to 256^3 1mm3
> 3. Is it correct if I convert norm.mgz to "nii" file and use it as a
> "T1" for further processing?
I don't know without knowing more about the "further processing". It is
not a T1 image itself (ie, the voxel intensities are not T1 in msec).
> bests,
> John Anderson

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center