If you are not doing PVC, then the easiest (and most accurate) will be
to map the PET to the individual anatomical space, then use mri_segstats
with aparc+aseg.mgz as the segmentation to compute the mean in each ROI.
If you want to continue with your stream, you can use mri_segstats using
--annot fsaverage lh aparc