After a long break, back to this…

My goal is still to get the betas for the first and maybe second spm hrf so I
can calculate a Calhoun derivative boost measure.

As a first step I ran:

mkanalysis-sess -fsd bold -analysis RPA.sm05.lh -surface fsaverage lh -fwhm 5
-event-related  -paradigm RPA1fix.par -nconditions 12 -spmhrf 1 -TR 2
-refeventdur .25 -polyfit 2 -per-run -force -nuisreg nuisreg.dat 6 -tpexclude
tpexclude.dat -b0dc

to use the SPM HRF with one derivative.

Then:

selxavg3-sess -sf sessidlistALL.dat -analysis RPA.sm05.lh

I got the following error:

ERROR: flac_evconw(): conVinc, Condition01 evrw dim mismatch
This condition has 2 regressors, but evrm has 1
Struct contents reference from a non-struct array object.

Error in flac_conmat (line 37)
if(nthcon > length(flac.con))

Error in flac_customize (line 369)
  flacnew = flac_conmat(flacnew,nthcon);

Error in fast_selxavg3 (line 65)
flac0 = flac_customize(flac0);

ERROR: fast_selxavg3() failed\n

This ran fine with spmhrf 0

based on your prior response below that:

"This is what happens. If you want to use the derivatives,
then you need to spec -setwdelay. When you run the command, it will prompt you
for 3 values to use. If you spec 1 0 0, then it will be the same as the
default. If you want to test only the first derivative, then you would spec 0 1
0. Note that the 3rd regressor is the 2nd derivative wrt time, not the first
derivative wrt the dispersion parameter. You
cannot get the Calhoun 2004 value using a contrast (it is non-linear).”

I tried:

mkanalysis-sess -fsd bold -analysis RPA.sm05.lh -surface fsaverage lh -fwhm 5
-event-related  -paradigm RPA1fix.par -nconditions 12 -spmhrf 1 -TR 2
-refeventdur .25 -polyfit 2 -per-run -force -nuisreg nuisreg.dat 6 -tpexclude
tpexclude.dat -b0dc -setwdelay

but I just got the error:

ERROR: Flag -setwdelay unrecognized.

I also tried using the flag when setting up the contrasts but that didn’t work
either.

so not quite sure what I’m doing wrong.  I had understood from your response
below that the contrast weights didn’t need to be changed from the spmhrf 0
case but perhaps I misunderstood?

any help would be welcome!

Joe

Joseph Dien, PhD