There are two things you can do:

1. You will need to concatenate them together yourself. So something like

mri_concat
*/bold/$analysis.sm8.lh/contrast/lh.cespct.map.lh.fsaverage_sym.nii.gz
--o analysis.sm8.lh.contrast.lh.cespct.map.lh.fsaverage_sym.nii.gz
Then perform the higher level GLM analysis on that map

2. Alternatively, you can map the fmri time courses to fsaverage_sym,
then create an analysis (mkanalysis-sess) where you specify this time
course map with -funcstem, then run the stream as normal.

I think both will give you about the same result.

doug