Still wondering about this - thanks in advance for any help!

________________________________
From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] on behalf of Makaretz, Sara Johanna
[smakar...@mgh.harvard.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2017 21:30
To: Freesurfer support list
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Difference between -autorecon2-wm and
-autorecon2-noaseg ?

Adding to this question, I'm wondering whether it's appropriate to do both wm &
aseg.presurf edits at the same time, and (if yes) whether there is a difference
between reprocessing the recon with -autorecon2-noaseg or -autorecon2-wm

ie.
Hypothetically, a subject with big ventricles is processed in FS v6.0 stable
with the flag -bigventricles. The initial recon has wm surfs that dip into the
posterior horn of the lateral ventricle.

1st edits: fill ventricle on wm.mgz (and other wm edits in other regions);
reprocess w -autorecon2-wm -autorecon3
wm surfs around posterior horn of ventricle not corrected

2nd edits: in aseg.presurf.mgz, relabel problem voxels from cortex -> wm; if
just these edits, reprocess w -autorecon2-noaseg -autorecon3

But if the subject has wm.mgz errors in other regions, can those edits be be
made together? And would it matter whether the recon is reprocessed with
-autorecon2-wm or -autorecon2-noaseg?

Thanks for any advice!