Hi,

I was following the instructions here https://surfer.nmr.mgh.
harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/TopologicalDefect_freeview after being told
that the images linked earlier in this email thread were unable to add
white matter (by adding control points) because of a topological defect. I
opened the files and used the recon edit to add voxels, since recon edit
was suggested on the wiki, and then ran
 recon-all -autorecon2-wm -autorecon3 -subjid XXXX
However, the added voxels were being seen as part of the region assigned a
value of 255 (default recon edit value) and not as white matter. Should I
try to add voxels in a different brush value corresponding to the white
matter, or is there some other way to correct this value?
Thank you,

Nicholas Goh