External Email - Use Caution

I've been trying to do this as well, but I can't see the right place to
specify in freesurfer to specify an alternative lookup table.

For instance, if I am coloring a pial surface, then the first possibility
is to set a Color (where I can "load RGB map"). But I get an error "Cannot
load RGB" file if I try to use that to load an LUT format file. The other
option is where it says "heatmap" i can change the option to select a
custom label, but if I try to enter an LUT file into there, freeview
crashes (which is fine, I guess that was the wrong place).

So can anyone tell me what I'm missing for the place to load the LUT file
or an alternative colormap?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Ben