The Mathworks offers runtime distribution that contains the libraries you can
build your code against w/o needing a Matlab license; you just cannot
re-distirbute the files from the distribution w/o permission from The
Mathworks.  I’ve used it to build code that links against libmat etc.   You can
get it from here,

https://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/matlab-runtime.html

- rob

On Sep 6, 2018, at 3:45 PM, Thomas, Adam (NIH/NIMH) [E]