External Email - Use Caution

Dear Freesurfer experts,

we recently got access to a Linux-based cluster computer, and I need to run
FreeSurfer pre-processing for several 100 subjects soon. We also have a Mac Pro
with many cores that we used in the past and that could take part in the
pre-processing.

I found an older reference which suggests you should not run the pre-processing
for one study on different architectures/operating systems [1] because this may
affect the results. Does this still apply to Freesurfer 6? What are your
recommendations in this regard?

Also, out of curiosity: it is obvious why one should not use different
Freesurfer versions, but what are the reasons for the reported differences
between architectures/workstations?

[1] https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0038234

Tim

--