I don't know what is in the NODDI maps. The way mri_glmfit works is that
if any subject has a 0-value at a vertex, then it will mask out that
vertex for all subjects. Is NODDI something that might have a lot of
0-values? It also may be that one subject has all 0s (eg, if the
regitration was really bad), so you can check the map created by
mris_preproc (load it in as an overlay, then hit the configure button,
then change the frame number to scroll through your subjects)