what is "native space"?

On 3/6/2020 12:09 PM, Benjamin Ineichen wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

example.mgz is just some example mask created on a template in native space. And I would need to transform it to MNI space. Thus, I ran: mri_vol2vol --talres 1  --interp nearest --mov example.mgz --s 001.mgz --targ $FREESURFER_HOME/subjects/fsaverage/mri/orig.mgz --regheader --o example.mni305.mgz

The transformed mask (example.mni305) is located in a completely different brain region in the MNI template compared to the native mask in the native template (see screenshots). How I can I correct this? Do I need to register the native and MNI template first?

Thanks!

/Ben