Research Fellow in Simultaneous PET/MR Neuroimaging

Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School

We are seeking two postdoctoral fellows to join our team to pursue research in
simultaneous PET/MR imaging in neuroscience applications. Our research focuses
on developing and applying novel PET/MRI methods to investigate the
neurochemical underpinnings of psychiatric and neurological disorders. We have
projects and training opportunities in the following area: (1) Quantify
neuroreceptor dynamics and functional with pharmacological challenges in animal
models and human subjects, with applications in pain, addiction, and
psychiatric disorders; and (2) Assess the impacts of neurovascular
coupling/function on PET radiotracer kinetics, with applications in
neurodegenerative disorders.

Our research programs are highly translational spanning from animal models,
first-in-human studies, to clinical applications. The appointment as a
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School research fellow will be
for 1 year with possibility for extension based on performance and the
availability of funding.  The positions are available immediately.

The successful candidate will be a highly motivated researcher with a desire to
begin an independent career related to or involving neuroimaging.  The position
requires a Ph.D. degree in Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer
Science, Neuroscience or a related field. However, we will consider candidates
of any scientific background. This position requires experience in analysis of
medical imaging data. Experience with MRI or PET is a plus. Extremely strong
candidates with minimal imaging experience are still encouraged to apply.
Strong written and oral English communication skills are required.

[cid:clip_image001.png]Additional Skills/Abilities/Competencies

The job requires a candidate who is mature, responsible and flexible with
excellent organizational and people skills.  S/He must be able to work with in
a fast-paced environment and should be able to problem-solve/troubleshoot,
juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and seek assistance when appropriate.

Application

Interested applicants should send a cover letter describing research interests
and experience, an updated CV, and names and contact information of three
references to: Hsiao-Ying (Monica) Wey, Ph.D. (E-mail:
hsiaoying....@mgh.harvard.edu). Please contain “Research Fellow Application:
Your Name” in the e-mail subject line.

The Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School are equal
opportunity and affirmative action employers.

Best,
Hsiao-Ying (Monica)

------
Hsiao-Ying (Monica) Wey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director of Translational Imaging, Chemical Neuroscience Program
A. A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Institute for Innovation in Imaging (i3)
Massachusetts General Hospital

149 Thirteenth Street, Room 10.110
Charlestown, MA 02129
Phone: (617) 724-1384