External Email - Use Caution

Hello, Freesurfer team

My name is Wei Shao, FS user, I have a few questions regarding the Matlab
package and the hippocampal subfield function with FS.

I have followed the instruction from the website to install Matlab, sue the
fs_install_mcr R2014b

(Oct 01, 2020 14:41:05) Exiting with status 0
(Oct 01, 2020 14:41:05) End - Successful.
Finished
MCR v84 (R2014b) already exists in /usr/local/freesurfer/7.1.0-1
do you want to reinstall? [y/n]
exiting without install

*However*, when I try to use the hippocampal seg command:

*segmentHA_T1.sh, it gives me this error*

ERROR: cannot find Matlab 2014b runtime in location:

/usr/local/freesurfer/7.1.0-1/MCRv84

The hippocampal/amygdala and brainstem modules require the (free) Matlab
runtime.
You will need to download the Matlab Compiler Runtime (MCR) for Matlab
2014b.
To do so, please run the following commands (you might need root
permissions):

LINUX:

cd /usr/local/freesurfer/7.1.0-1
curl "
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/MatlabRuntime?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=runtime2014bLinux.tar.gz";
-o "runtime2014b.tar.gz"
tar xvf runtime2014b.tar.gz

Even after I did this as the following, it still gave me the same response
when I tried segmentHA_T1.sh.

Could you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Best,
Wei