From: Na, Xiaoxu
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 4:25 PM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Create a Binarized ROI for Surface

Dear Freesurfer Expert,

We would like to extract mean Cth values for each subject within a own-creaded
ROI (surface defined), using freeview (for instance). Is it possible to create
a ROI (i.e. spherical surface) surrounding a particular vertex of an sig.mgh
file? (and then extract its mean Cth values for each subject)?

I think this is not a new question, and it was posted somehow on
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1p4y33YGPMt3Xr5IlZXBnYyxigfeQuk70cz1lkfaic6sGmC8qA5lauVhI1rT6YyYkzZwV4Nc5The50lU99NUP0P08OuZXZlGcV2awRfjyD8dnCwV-ej_DoLtv2aEl5L6H_XsKSYPlV5UQTHQOPgZ0OlzfqPWrMDLf7vEJTFgE0oIXHWTkjRWe-r_xTSUd-TnsGIxbMkTt75znip6awWwYkSDWqYBayh-gKCuDQewg8jam5eacT7xjQeIMCJ6PfiYZ6aRVvxfG53AvXI1SpeazLlp_w0DaKDZ2Z6lqz6bpU1tQe5fI97ACIq3V9v7itFjzK-EsQ3hCBgBEt6pwsZjn4A/https%3A%2F%2Fsurfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu%2Ffswiki%2FFsTutorial%2FQuestionAnswers,
 and
https://secure-web.cisco.com/12Y_VHmZg0jaAJhDvwanhu4ZGApCQtSL5-3ja3GQFrxICAVdi67GO2_8gR_lTnHYtHR-MwxWWNBDNvMEJa9c08yx0yD-X9H7YpltRixy_yTVNWDoEFmPbXVe8Aa7ObaVpP8hW0jDh-1XV-er4q9cb7punqN6dsMDnKqfCIjHj4acnDo_OC1hh6lPWT28HI4p229FEOm4tcYuBTHxAEZW-dOnvHLX_ez_m1JE33dEKJuGeJRSYhOIU1gN1SmQ5XS9xghPSHM1hldLDnfMElawFLYe6DgFpAfanXHSTixWUwyOi6ftUWtajsQslG1nG0QPgjVhOw7Q4dXRBtPKi1kWDoQ/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Ffreesurfer%40nmr.mgh.harvard.edu%2Fmsg67677.html,
 but I'm still encountering questions.

These commands did run, but together they didn't create a binarized mask with 1
for the sphere around the coordinates, and 0 for the other voxels. Would you
recommend what I should change? Thank you so much!

$mri_volsynth --template $SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage/surf/lh.thickness --pdf sphere
--sphere-center -7.4 67.22 60.27 --radius 5 --o delta.sm00.mgh
$mris_fwhm \
--smooth-only \
--subject fsaverage \
--hemi lh \
--i delta.sm00.mgh \
--niters 10 \
--o delta.sm10.mgh
$mri_binarize --i delta.sm10.mgh --min 10e-5 --o delta.sm10.bin.mgh

Regards,
Xiaoxu