On Apr 2, 2009, at 4:13 AM, Szymon Olko wrote:

I did not think yet about HA nor LB.

I tested how FS handles high load. All my calls are placed in mod_conference. When cpu usage gets it's limits then new calls can be placed but sound quality is getting worst with every next call. When calls are hanged up then sound gets better. I did not test
it to see what happens when more and more calls are created.
FS has very low memory consumption and I think that CPU is the limit. I did not notice any monitoring of CPU usage by FS, but my installation is limited to only few modules, so maybe I'm missing something.

Load testing against the conference module is about the worst thing you can do... tossing 100+ people in the same conference isn't going to scale well for load testing because its not something you usually do in a real world scenario. Usually you'll have most of the participants muted.

I highly recommend you try doing something like a bridge or a file playback from a ram disk.

Would love to hear some experiences of deploying FS with failover & high
My failover is currently made by shell script which every 10 seconds check for working FS and restarts it if it does not work. I use svn trunk so crash happens once a while, but they are successfully fixed by developers.

Once there was a problem that conference module was stuck and did not respond to my commands. I made script with netcat which
checks once a while for response and restarts if there is none.
load.

Brian West
br...@freeswitch.org

-- Meet us a ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com