What is your dialplan on the secondary box?

On Dec 18, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Brian <br...@proximosystems.com> wrote:

I’ve got FS running on a 64 bit OS, and here is more info on the tes t procedure.

I’ve got one server (primary) that hosts the speaker call (this is m eant to be a primary conference with a few speakers, but my test sim plifies this to just one speaker). I’ve got a second server (seconda ry) that hosts the conference that all the listeners go into, and I have two other servers that I use automate the listener calls. The g oal is to have several secondary servers to scale the listener side of things, but for this initial test I’ve only got one secondary ser ver.

The primary server dials into the secondary conference server so that the listeners can hear the speaker conference on the primary server.

The automated listener servers start dialing into the listener conference at a combined rate of 5 calls per second (i.e. 2.5 calls per second each). The play an audio loop that represents noise on their end, which since they are listeners, should be ignored anyway.

As I ramp up the automated listener calls, I manually call into the conference from either my SIP phone, or from a land line using a DID that I have directed to the conference.

All calls are using SIP with uLaw 8000hz codec. Also, I’ve set up th e profile for the listener conference to disable many of the events:

    <profile name="listener">

      <param name="domain" value="$${domain}"/>

      <param name="rate" value="8000"/>

      <param name="moh-sound" value="moh.wav"/>

<param name="suppress-events" value="start-talking,stop- talking,energy-level,volume-level,gain-level,mute-detect,energy- level-member,volume-in-member,volume-out-member,lock,unlock,floor- change"/>

      <param name="caller-controls" value="listener_controls"/>

    </profile>

I do have caller controls for the listener, since in my production I will need to generate and handle events for listener DTMF.

To compare FreeSWITCH vs Asterisk, I just swap out the secondary conference server and everything else stays the same.

Brian.