Hi Tomas,

Thanks for that work.  1.2 was clean up of the Git repo, so nothing
much has changed in terms of functionality.  We have no plans for a
fixed point version.  The .c2 file format is a corner use-case (we
focus mainly on the HF radio use case), but we have no plans to change
it.

A road map of what is currently placed for the entire FreeDV project
(which includes Codec 2) is here:

https://freedv.org/2023/11/30/ardc-grant-project-plan/

Do you have any way of measuring how many people are using the Codec 2
option in FFmpeg?

We have been looking into the use of the freedv-gui application (which
uses libcodec2) in various repos and found no evidence of the packaged
versions of freedv-gui actually being used.  The number of package
maintainers seems to to outnumber the end users.

We are interested in auditing the use of freedv-gui and Codec 2 to best
direct our efforts.  For example there is no point supporting package
maintainers if no one is using the packages - best to direct our
limited resources elsewhere.

I find it interesting that package maintenance is such a popular hobby
- we get more correspondence/requests for help on this topic than say
the DSP side of Codec 2 (where I like to play).

Thanks,
David