I've carried out some simple tests using ttfautohint with the Ubuntu Font on
Win XP & Win7, Chrome12 & Firefox4.
The screenshots are at http://code.newtypography.co.uk/

Looks good so far, but i shall test more fonts, particularly a serif and a bold
display face. I chose Ubuntu Font as i know it's well documented that Dalton
Maag put a lot of professional hours into it's truetype instructions.

thanks Werner!

vern