HI Werner,

No, it's the opposite: The function should expect a hook (or a struct
> with a bunch of hooks) as an argument, and FreeType is calling these
> hooks internally to communicate with the external SVG library.  Have a
> look at the function `FT_Set_Debug_Hook' for a very simple example.

Wow. This is really really powerful. I hadn't realized this earlier. I knew
things like Function Pointers exist.
But I never knew something this powerful could be done using them. I have
totally got it now.  Now I also
see why Toshiya was saying not to link any SVG library directly to
FreeType. Totally get it now! :)

To actually try and see if this can be done, I coded a dummy example. It
works.
Though I am confident that I have understood it correctly, if you do want
to see my dummy example and
confirm whether I have got it correctly or not, here
<https://github.com/moazin/collaborate-via-callbacks> it is. There's a
Readme that explains it too.

After doing this dummy example, I checked out `FT_Set_Debug_Hook` and it is
exactly what I expected it to be.
It's a good and small example. :)

Thank you Werner, I am really grateful to you that you took the time to
explain this to me.

Regards,
Moazin