Hi,

(I'm basing this on the CVS snapshot on 25 June 2003.)

Finally ventured into trying the TV recording interface.

Since I don't have xmltv listings, I find that scheduling a
recording takes a lot of steps (select filename, select date, select
time). It'd be nice if there's an option to "start recording now", and
just select the duration).

Is autorepeat available for keyboard? PageUp/PageDown doesn't do anything
in the recording interface. The default values for time is from 0:00,
so scrolling to a sane time slot takes a while. The next best thing is to
set it to the next available slot based on current time.

The default duration should probably be the shortest (1 min), currently it
defaults to MAX_INT or some huge number. If someone acidentally schedules
a recording, it'd probably swamp the disk.

Couldn't get scheduled recordings to run, and I couldn't figure out how to
check if the job is actually queued? (atq returns no jobs). Would a
recording be reflected in any of the internal* logs? The freevo_record.log
seems to be updated every time I access the recording menu but doesn't
tell me much....

(I manage to get mencoder to record video by running it from the command
line).

Trying to delete a scheduled recording doesn't work. If there's only one
listing, I've encountered freevo crashes as well (intermittent, happened
when I press enter multiple times in succession).

Also, the VCR_CMD as it currently stands needs quite a lot of tweaking.
I think we should have an entry for mencoder in freevo.conf to set the
path, as well as pick up the norm automatically, etc.
The new mencoder needs the new URL style input spec (tv://) AFAIK.

Couldn't get audio to work yet (issue with v4l2 support probably?).

The runtime-pre5-test6 mencoder doesn't have lame support built in?
Available oacs are pcm and copy. (Rob?)

T.C.
----
Wan Tat Chee (Lecturer)
School of Computer Science, Univ. Science Malaysia,
11800 Minden, Penang, Malaysia.   Rm.625 Ofc Ph: +604 653-3888 x 3617
NRG Lab Admin: +604 659-4757           Rm.601-E Ofc Ph: +604 653-4396
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Web: http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan
GPG Key : http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan/tcw_gpg-20030322.asc
F'print : DCF2 B9B2 FA4D 1208 AD59  14CA 9A8F F54D B2C4 63C7