Ville Ranki wrote:
Hello.

Hi.

I'm trying to use Freevo with my Linux xbox using
the xbox pad. The joystick support works very badly. For example
if i map a hat(axis) to menu up/down, the menu selection
moves very quickly to either direction even if i don't
touch the hat. I tried even mapping the menu to buttons - but pressing a button once makes the selection move
two items. I believe this is a bug in freevo
because with jstest everything looks correct.

I fixed a bug in CVS the other week that made each event happen two times. What version are you using?

It seems that the joystick plugin needs at least proper support for dead zones and fixed button
support.

Feel free to add support for dead zones. :)

I'm a programmer myself, but i have never used
python and the code is completely undocumented.

Python is easy to learn if you have programmed in other languages, you should give it a shot.

-Rob